Transaction Affinity Group – Private Equity Market Update
- This event has passed.
Our next Transactions Affinity Group Meeting on Thursday, September 19th.
Come and hear the experts discuss the following…
Current environment: Characterize the current investment environment for funds focused in the technology sector. What challenges are you facing, and can you describe any adjustments you are making? Impact to your portfolio and future investment from national or global catalysts such as trade tariffs and Brexit, and general economic environment.
Looking forward: With predictions of a looming recession vacillating between being imminent to farther down the road, what is your firm doing to prepare for this inevitable downturn?
Kenneth d. seastrand
Director, Transaction Advisory Services
RSM US LLP
Ken has over eleven years of professional experience advising clients on accounting, finance and business processes. For over eight years, he has exclusively performed transaction advisory services to middle-market clients. During that time, Ken worked on approximately 175 buy- and sell-side transactions advising both private equity funds and strategic investors. His transaction advisory and financial due diligence experience includes identification of key deal issues, quality of earnings analysis, profitability analysis, financial projects, cash flow modeling, internal control structure evaluation, working capital adjustments, and purchase agreement consultation. Ken has relevant technology industry experience in software (license and SaaS), online media advertising, ecommerce, and life sciences.
Professional affiliations and credentials:
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Massachusetts
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Master of Accountancy, Northeastern University
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration, accounting and computer information systems, Stonehill College
- Managing Director at 38 Degree Advisors, a boutique advisory services and M&A transaction firm
- Senior Vice President of Business Development and Strategy at EAG, Inc., a global leader in outsourced high-end services
- She built the fastest growing and highly profitable division from the ground up via four pivotal acquisitions and assisted in integrating the business units
- Managing Director and Co-Head of a new private technology initiative for American Capital
- She built a bi-coastal team and spearheaded the Firm’s investments in various highly successful internet and media growth businesses including industry roll-ups and follow-on strategic acquisitions
- Managing Director/Principal at Constellation Ventures II, a digital media, internet and communications-focused Fund in NYC
- Co-Founder of Information Technology Ventures and Infinity Capital
- Vice President at Morgan Stanley
- Senior Auditor/CPA at E&Y
Sumeru Equity Partners
Jack McCabe is a Senior Associate of Sumeru Equity Partners and joined the firm in 2017. Jack is involved in Sumeru’s investments in Kyriba, GoGuardian, Azuga, 3Gtms and Cybera. Prior to joining Sumeru Equity Partners, Jack worked in the Technology, Media & Telecommunications Group at Credit Suisse in New York. Jack holds a B.S. in Business Administration with concentrations in Finance and Management from Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business.
Thursday, September 19th
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Fremont Hills Country Club
Food and Beverages provided.
Please arrive early for registration!
Registration closes at 3pm the day before the event.
- Qualified Potential Members may attend once as a guest and one additional time with guest fee.
- Scholarship Alumni winners can attend once a year for free.
- Non-members who do not qualify for membership may attend once a year, must be referred by an active member and pay the guest fee.
- Partners may invite guests in accordance with the Partner Arrangement.
One (1.0) CPE credit available. Field of Study: TBD
FEI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Questions regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website, www.learningmarket.org.