Selling a Business to Private Equity – Pitfalls to Avoid
- This event has passed.
Our next Transactions Affinity Group Meeting on January 23rd at Baker McKenzie.
In the US and International there is ~ $3 Trillion in capital held by PE Funds seeking quality acquisitions. Do you know how they evaluate opportunities? If you are looking to learn some of the insider secrets come join us. Most private companies that are active acquirers are backed by PE Funds – it’s a hub/spoke strategy. There are many pitfalls for entrepreneurs who may be your clients – learn about these and how to avoid them. It is rare to have a speaker, Virginia Turezyn, who has worked on both sides of the table, having spent most of her career as a PE/VC investor, acquiring and building companies, and now is an M&A Advisor for business owners to help them maximize the value of the business they have spent a lifetime building. Come and learn practical business expertise to help you be a better financial consultant to your clients.
During this discussion you will have a deeper understanding of:
- General Overview of Private Equity
- How PE Firms Generate Returns
- What PE Firms Look For in a Company
- Differences Among PE Firms
- Choosing Between PE vs Strategic Acquirer
- PE Due Diligence Process
- Importance of Management Keeping an Eye on Running the Business
- Elements a Seller Needs to Be Wary of
- Post-Closing Elements and Integration with New Owners
- Industry Summaries – Industry Historical Perspectives
Virginia has more than 30 years of high technology, investment, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, finance and executive management experience across a variety of market sectors. The hallmark of her career has been to successfully launch new initiatives, build cohesive teams and assist entrepreneurs in maximizing value. Virginia has direct investment experience as an early stage venture capitalist, as a crossover/private equity investor and corporate acquirer.
Virginia is currently a Managing Partner at SiVal Advisors, a technology-focused mergers & acquisitions advisory firm located in Silicon Valley, California. SiVal Advisors professionals have completed over 500 transactions worth $12 billion in deal value. Based in Silicon Valley with connections around the globe, we serve clients in a range of technology industries including: software, business services, e-commerce, healthcare, and manufacturing, with mergers and sales of businesses.
Prior experience includes:
- Managing Director at 38 Degree Advisors, a boutique advisory services and M&A transaction firm
- Senior Vice President of Business Development and Strategy at EAG, Inc., a global leader in outsourced high-end services
- She built the fastest growing and highly profitable division from the ground up via four pivotal acquisitions and assisted in integrating the business units
- Managing Director and Co-Head of a new private technology initiative for American Capital
- She built a bi-coastal team and spearheaded the Firm’s investments in various highly successful internet and media growth businesses including industry roll-ups and follow-on strategic acquisitions
- Venture Capital:
- Managing Director/Principal at Constellation Ventures II, a digital media, internet and communications-focused Fund in NYC
- Co-Founder of Information Technology Ventures and Infinity Capital
- Vice President at Morgan Stanley
- Senior Auditor/CPA at E&Y
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Networking with drinks and light fare, followed by discussion.
Please arrive early for registration!
One and a half (1.5) CPE credits available. Field of Study: Finance
FEI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Questions regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website, www.NASBARegistry.org.