The Under Appreciated Nexus Between Growth Capital and Storytelling… An Investor’s Perspective
- What are the other factors influencing the perception of a company,
- How do these perceptions ultimately impact the valuation of a company,
- Are there things you can do as an executive to influence these perceptions
Adam J. Epstein
Adam J. Epstein is a former institutional investor, and, now, an advisor to CEOs and boards of pre-IPO and small-cap companies through his firm, Third Creek Advisors, LLC. He speaks monthly at corporate governance and investor conferences, and has given more than 80 keynote speeches since 2012. Mr. Epstein is a key contributor to Nasdaq’s new Amplify small-cap content initiative, and a distinguished National Association of Corporate Directors Board Leadership Fellow and faculty member. He is the small-cap contributing editor for Directorship magazine, author of The Perfect Corporate Board: A Handbook for Mastering the Unique Challenges of Small-Cap Companies (McGraw Hill, 2012), and contributing author to The Handbook of Board Governance: A Comprehensive Guide for Public, Private and Not for Profit Board Members (Wiley, 2016). In April 2015, The Perfect Corporate Board was the #2 ranked corporate governance book on Amazon.com, and, in June 2016, The Handbook of Board Governance was the #1 “New Release” in corporate governance on Amazon.com. Prior to founding Third Creek, Mr. Epstein co-founded and was a principal of Enable Capital Management, LLC. During his tenure, Enable’s special situation hedge funds invested in more than 500 small-cap financings. Mr. Epstein has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek and on CNN Presents. He earned a Juris Doctor from Boston University, and a Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, from Vassar College.
SPECIAL WINE TASTING HOSTED BY:
5:30 Hosted cocktail hour
6:30 Dinner and Speaker
- Qualified Potential Members may attend once as a guest and one additional time with guest fee.
- Scholarship Alumni winners can attend once a year for free.
- Non-members who do not qualify for membership may attend once a year, must be referred by an active member and pay the guest fee.
- Partners may invite guests in accordance with the Partner Arrangement.
One and a half (1.5) CPE credits available. Field of Study: TBD
FEI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Questions regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website, www.learningmarket.org.