The Crazy Life of a CFO in the Cannabis Industry
- This event has passed.
- Cash Collections
- Going Public
- Public Markets
- Unregulated Market
- Geographic Expansion
Learn how to Limit the Crazy…
- Understand the unique challenges a CFO can face in the cannabis industry
- See the power of networks and connections to overcome the obstacles
- Follow the flow of products from growing to dispensaries
- Learn about the potential health benefits/issues and dosage forms
- Grasp the regulatory issues- banking, taxes, capital, dispensaries, illegal markets
- Determine if you want to join and/or invest in this industry
Jon Paul, an FEI member for 27 years, has served as CFO/consultant in many fast paced industries, but had no idea what he was getting into when he plunged into the cannabis industry. Since June 2018, he has been with Plus Products, a leading manufacturer cannabis infused gummies in California and Nevada, which also expanded into CBD gummies available nationwide. Jon eventually became CFO, taking Plus public in Canada on the CSE exchange in October 2018 and successfully navigating banking, tax, insurance, regulatory and operations issues. Jon will give you a lively inside look into this industry – cannabis will continue to be a hot topic in the new decade as local communities, states, our country and others around the world wrestle with the issues while competitors in beverage, alcohol, tobacco and other categories decide how to get involved.
With abundance of caution of the Coronavirus, this even has been changed. In place of the in-person event this will be a teleconference. We will send out the login information before the event to those registered.
6:00 pm Announcements and Speaker
Chapter Members/Partners: Free
Registration closes at 1pm the day of the event.