Managing Cyber Risks
- This event has passed.
• Cyber attacks occur every 39 seconds; is your firm prepared?
• Are you comfortable that your firm is taking all precautionary measures to minimize the possibility of a Cyber event, such as a Ransomware attack or Social Engineering?
• In the event that your firm does have a breach, does your firm have the broadest insurance protection available in today’s market?
Join us for a for a presentation that will cover the following
- Understanding best practices preventive measures your firm should be implementing to reduce frequency and severity of Cyber events
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
- Backup strategy
- Patching cadence
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Phishing training
- Local administrative rights
- End of life/support hardware and software
- Understanding the insuring agreements of a Cyber Liability policy (and exclusions that you want to avoid)
- Incident Response & Crisis Management
- Security and Privacy Liability
- PCI Fines & Penalties
- Privacy Regulatory Defense
- Media Liability
- Cyber Extortion (Ransomware)
- Data Recovery
- Business Interruption and System Failure
- Dependent Business Interruption and System Failure
- Social Engineering Fraud
- Invoice Manipulation
David Wasson is a Vice President and Cyber Liability Practice Leader at Hays Companies. Prior to joining Hays, David was an underwriter at Hiscox Insurance Company and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. David earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Saint Louis University and a Cyber COPE Insurance Certificate (CCIC) from Carnegie Mellon University. Additionally, David holds various designations including Registered Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU,) Certified Information Privacy Professional – US Private Market (CIPP/US,) Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM,) and Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP,) and expects to complete a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter designation by the end of year.
Miguel Martin, CISA is a Partner leading the IT Compliance & Advisory Services Team at SOAProjects, Inc. Miguel has over 26 years of experience in providing systems assurance special services, identifying and implementing optimal use of technology on engagements, providing assurance on the internal control structure, and assessing audit risks related to the information technologies environment.
Prior to joining SOAProjects, Miguel served as a Director in the Risk Assurance practice at PwC, San Jose, where he focused on technology clients. He has performed IT audits in more than fifteen public companies in the Bay Area. His work has included SOX 404 audits, IT and Business Process Control assessments, Systems Implementation Reviews, and Internal Control Optimizations. His area of expertise has been in Oracle and SAP environments in the technology industry.
David Liebes, CPCU is the Regional President of Hays Companies, a premier national insurance brokerage. Throughout his 30 year career, he has provided insurance and strategic risk management services to a wide variety of clients, ranging from start-ups to multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 companies. Current focus on clean energy, technology, manufacturing, and non-profit clients.
While Dave’s duties include P&L responsibilities for the Northern California Region for Hays, his passion remains partnering with clients, where his clients view him as a consultant rather than a transactional broker.
Dave’s clients view him as an extension of their management team by providing value added services such as: ensuring legal compliance, implementation of risk control programs to reduce frequency and severity of losses, disaster contingency planning, and by performing detailed policy reviews to ensure the most comprehensive coverage at the most competitive price.
Thursday, July 15th
Noon – 1:00 PM Greeting/presentation
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM Q&A/Networking
Registration closes 5pm the day before the event
One (1.0) CPE credit available. Field of Study: TBA
FEI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Questions regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website, www.NASBARegistry.org.