Mitigating International Business Risk Through Due Diligence
There have been dozens of corporate scandals involving senior executives in the last few years; resulting in major fines and penalties from U.S. regulators.
How do you protect your company, shareholders and employees from “bad actors”? What actions are you taking to protect your company’s board of directors from undue risk?
- In this presentation we will address the human angle in due diligence; criminals, executive misconduct, bad actors and how to identify them.
- Examine risk exposure points in your current international business strategy.
- How to find hidden and undisclosed information in business deals including acquiring new board members, executive hires, Mergers & Acquisitions, and in supply chain exposure.
- Managing business risk for better informed strategic options.
Post Networking Session
We will have a post networking session immediately following the event. At the end of the event we will email you the link for the post networking session. Join in, meet and chat with our speaker and other attendees. 30 minutes.
As CEO of Infortal Worldwide, Candice Tal helps companies mitigate risks to their business, employees, and assets while maximizing operational success. With over 35 years’ expertise in the investigative field, she is one of the most highly-regarded subject matter experts on global due diligence investigations. She has been interviewed in numerous media and business publications and featured in the seminal, industry book, The Compliance Handbook which is authored by renowned regulatory compliance attorney Thomas Fox.
Candice founded Infortal in 1985 to combat the increasing security and risk challenges faced by companies at the local and global level.
Under Candice’s innovative leadership, Infortal has completed over 2 million successful investigations in 160 different countries. Infortal helps companies lessen corporate liability exposure by minimizing business risks and improving risk management options.
Candice is an expert in governance, finance, employment, and business investigations. She is skilled in analyzing clients’ business needs and assessing a company’s compliance issues and corporate liability exposure.
A licensed private investigator, Candice has grown her team of international investigators with a global reach that spans the U.S., Europe, Russia, China, India, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
Currently, she is on the board of directors for the World Association of Detectives (WAD), serving her 4th term and an active member in multiple industry organizations, including; the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE), The Women Presidents Organization (WPO), the California Association of License Investigator (CALI), the Society of Human Resource Manager (SHRM), and a certified WBE member of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). She is also an active member of ProVisors a national trusted advisors’ network.
- Qualified Potential Members may attend once as a guest and one additional time with guest fee (which may be applied to membership fee within 60 days).
- Registration for a free qualified guest, contact Micky Robledo
- Scholarship Alumni winners can attend once a year for free.
- Non-members who do not qualify for membership may attend once a year, must be referred by an active member and pay the guest fee.
- Partners may invite guests in accordance with the Partner Arrangement.
One (1.0) CPE credit available. Field of Study: TBA
FEI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Questions regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website, www.NASBARegistry.org.