How Machine-Readable Data and Artificial Intelligence Impact the Work and Careers of Financial Executives
- This event has passed.
Joseph Howell, co-founder of Workiva (NYSE: WK), will discuss how machine-readable data and artificial intelligence are changing accounting and financial reporting forever.
Workiva provides financial reporting software as a service to over 3,500 customers in 180 countries, including 75 percent of the Fortune 500, the U.S. Government, state and local governments, Joe will also share his experience building a business as a “former” financial executive and what really happens in Sales and Marketing that the finance and accounting teams rarely see.
- How to understand the significant intended and unintended impacts of SEC and other U.S. Government Digital Reporting initiatives
- How to understand the obvious and hidden ways that machine-readable data and artificial intelligence have already changed accounting and financial reporting, and what to expect from the evolution of those technologies
- How to identify and quantify the efficiency advantages of software providers addressing this market, including Workiva, Blackline, Alteryx, among others
- How machine-readable data and artificial intelligence will likely impact your career and those of your children and grandchildren.
Post Networking Session
We will have a post networking session immediately following the event. At the end of the event we will email you the link for the post networking session. Join in and meet our speaker and chat with him and other attendees. for 30 minutes.
Co-founder & former Executive Vice President Strategic Initiatives
Joe Howell (now retired) is a co-founder and former Executive Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Workiva (NYSE: WK). Before co-founding Workiva, Joe served as Chief Financial Officer for several public and private companies, including EMusic.com (NASDAQ: EMUS) and Merix Corporation (NASDAQ: MERX). Joe is also the co-founder of the SEC Professionals Group and SOX & Internal Controls Professionals Group. He is the author of many articles on financial reporting, internal controls, and compliance, and has been a frequent speaker on financial reporting and compliance topics. Although he has lived in the Pacific Northwest for many years, Joe was a long-time member of the FEI Silicon Valley Chapter.
- Qualified Potential Members may attend once as a guest and one additional time with guest fee (which may be applied to membership fee within 60 days).
- Registration for a free qualified guest, contact Micky Robledo
- Scholarship Alumni winners can attend once a year for free.
- Non-members who do not qualify for membership may attend once a year, must be referred by an active member and pay the guest fee.
- Partners may invite guests in accordance with the Partner Arrangement.
One (1.0) CPE credit available. Field of Study: TBA
FEI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Questions regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website, www.NASBARegistry.org.