How COVID Accelerated Cisco’s Finance Operations
- This event has passed.
COVID-19 brought about an incredible clarity of focus and speed of internal change that transformed how Cisco Finance operates today. This session covers the technological advances, system optimization, process simplification, communication transparency and relationship strengthening benefits experienced as our entire employee base adjusted to working remotely. Today, the fact that we are operating at a level well beyond where we were in March demonstrates the power of eliminating the noise and concentrating solely on the critical business drivers and outcomes.
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Greeting, Presentation
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Post Networking Session
Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer
Prat is Cisco’s Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer. He leads the Controllership organization of over 1,000 finance professionals covering all countries where Cisco operates. He has global responsibility for accounting, external financial reporting,
financial controls and shared services covering all aspects of Cisco’s business. Over his career at Cisco he has led a number of key financial and business initiatives. His responsibilities include:
- SEC and statutory reporting, policy & technical accounting, revenue recognition, and accounting for all business units and
geographies as well as all functions including: mergers & acquisitions, supply chain, sales, leasing, real estate, treasury, etc.;
- Cisco Capital Operations & Financial Shared Services responsible globally for payroll; billing, receivables management,
collections; stock administration, accounts payable, T&E;
- Strategic development and continuous improvement for financial systems and processes;
- Leadership for Cisco’s one day close process; and
- Sarbanes-Oxley and overall financial controls and compliance governance
Prat has also been a leader in the finance profession over his career with notable roles including:
- Chair of FEI’s Committee on Corporate Reporting (CCR);
- Past member of the Standing Advisory Group of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB SAG);
- Past member of the FASB’s Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (FASAC);
- Past Chair of the Board of Financial Executives International (FEI);
- Past Chair of the Financial Executives Research Foundation (FERF);
- Chair of the Audit Committee of the Cisco Systems Foundation;
- Regular guest speaker for the Stanford Graduate School of Business
Before joining Cisco, Prat was with Kaiser Permanente as the Director of Financial Operations and with Ernst & Young. He holds a masters degree in accounting from the University of Southern California, a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of California, Santa Cruz, and is a licensed CPA.
- Qualified Potential Members may attend once as a guest and one additional time with guest fee (which may be applied to membership fee within 60 days).
- Registration for a free qualified guest, contact Micky Robledo
- Scholarship Alumni winners can attend once a year for free.
- Non-members who do not qualify for membership may attend once a year, must be referred by an active member and pay the guest fee.
- Partners may invite guests in accordance with the Partner Arrangement.
One (1.0) CPE credit available. Field of Study: TBA
FEI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Questions regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website, www.NASBARegistry.org.